Thursday, July 19, 2007

Visual Poetry


I may, I might, I must
Originally uploaded by jimheid
One of the rare pleasures of meandering around Flickr is when I discover someone who is not only a great photographer but someone who with his photography and his words comments on life around us. Just such a creator is Jim Heid, who is not only one of my new gurus of the Mac (a particular religion in whose congregation I worship regularly), but also quite a philosopher indeed. His paper trail is worth following.

I may, I might, I must

If you will tell me why the fen
appears impassable, I then
will tell you why I think that I
can get across it if I try.

Marianne Moore (1887-1972)

Another of the poems showcased on the London Underground as part of the system's Poems on the Underground program.

View the first photo in the series or the previous one.

No comments: